4.08.2008

23

i want to write about a lot of things but words just fail me now, and i can't find the inspiration to write. it's one of those days when you should be celebrating (because not all people get to celebrate their 23rd birthday) but somehow you know something's missing.


but i'll save you all the crap so let me just say that the past year was one crazy year. and i'm one crazy guy. and despite all that happened, there's plenty of things to be thankful for.


i'm done with my third year, woohoo! (whether i passed my subjects or not, that's another story hehe).


my 5-year tutee graduated from don bosco makati hs last saturday. while i was on my way to my last exam, he texted me: "kuya jobert, ggraduate na po ako mamayang 4, hehe, tnx po sa lahat." wow, all my efforts of learning calculus, trigonometry, algebra, physics, chemistry, and other high school subjects (so i could effectively teach them), not to mention shuttling back and forth from qc to tondo, actually paid off!


i don't know if i should be thankful for the lsg post, given all the work that it entails, but hey, at least i'd be doing something meaningful in the coming months. and i'm in extremely good company (kahit binabara nila jokes ko).


i got into the summer internship program of the office of legal aid. will hopefully appear in court soon!


i'm still in touch with the center, despite recent events. a big part of who i am i owe to them.


my family's having a reunion right now (sans my parents and my brother). i've never received this many kisses on my birthday from my little cousins. and where would you find uncles and cousins singing you a happy birthday in the middle of their drinking spree?


my block is tighter than before. i can't thank them enough for all that they did and are still doing for me. thanks for believing. anything for you guys (basta wag lang illegal, immoral, inter alia haha...).


i've met new friends too from my new block and from elsewhere.


and we're still friends. she greeted me on my birthday :-)


23 is michael jordan's lucky number. hope it will be too for this mj.

No comments: